Mario Starcatcher 2 Mario Starcatcher 2

Eehhh, subpar

It's playable, but it doesn't look (graphics) or feel (controls) nice. Also, I thought the change to a pipe as a level goal instead of a star every 5 levels was kinda...pointless.

Also those help boxes (I'm assuming that's what they were) were unnecessary. I didn't use a single one of them, and I was still able to get to level 12 before writing this review. People like to figure things out themselves. It adds a sort of puzzle element to it.

For some reason, the game hung when I fell to my death on level 12...

Also, the mario theme is hackneyed.

now cue the "unhelpful review" votes... :(

Dreamgate Escape Dreamgate Escape

Creepy

Amazing job.

I knew this was going to be a great game as soon as I read the text that said "if you want to live, you should not have read this."

Great game!

Daily Mouse Maze 10/29/08 Daily Mouse Maze 10/29/08

aaargh!

aah! frustrating! i had a hard time staying focused and coordinated doing this one...i should have used my tablet o_o

the one thing that bothers me is why you say "happy halloween" on the 29th, then proclaim halloween is in 3 days, when this is a daily mouse puzzle? why not just wait untill halloween? ;)

Mini Defense Mini Defense

I like it!

I remember when I played my first tower defense game. It was Desktop Tower Defense. That was a fun game. But it seems now everybody is making tower defense games!

Great job with this game! I liked it. It had nice and simple graphics (they looked nice, and they were very simple) and it had a nice and simple interface. I should make a tower defense game...

The only problem was there was nothing shockingly original to it.

Halloween Avoider 1.5 Halloween Avoider 1.5

another control thing

controls were too slidy, like it was a thruster game or something...but i guess that makes the game more difficult ;)

a good idea would be to apply some damping when no arrow keys are pressed if you can do that...obviously, i'd have to see your code to be able to give specific suggestions, but i don't think that will be happening ;)

demonscarnage responds:

I already have some dampening, but apparently not enough.
It would appear that most people just don't like this control style.
I'll keep this in mind for similar games, if I make them.

saw game demo saw game demo

Uh...

Heh...great job with the voice acting. Also, a good tip for making nice "flicker" effects for things like titles is to:

* put the whole title in its own movie clip.
* put that movie clip in a new movie clip
* go into the newest movie clip (the one with the first movie clip in it)
* do a bunch of tweens for with blurs and glows and movements and other such effects
* convert all the frames to keyframes (select all the frames, right click on the frames->convert to keyframes)
* select random portions of the frames and reverse them (right click on the selected frames->reverse frames)
* repeat the last step until you see fit

...I should make a tutorial on that. Yeah! That's a great idea!

Rez-rect responds:

haha, thanks dood
PS to my whole fanbase of two people, I got a new comp that I can download flash too, so wrong turnia 2 is BACK IN PRODUCTION!!!

Consequence Consequence

Not bad!

Somewhat addicting. Gets hard at about level 8, but up to there, it was just guesswork for me.

easy driving easy driving

NG Alphas! Hello!

Hey, this kind of stuff belongs in NG Alphas. End of story! When it's functional with a preloader and stuff, then you can put it in the portal. But tests are for NG Alphas.

Gflashrunners responds:

Okay, well thanks for that. I didn't know what newgrounds alphasn were until I checked it out. Thanks for the Constructive critasism